Overactive Bladder Specialist In Tampa & Sarasota
Did you know going more than 8 times a day could be a symptom of urinary incontinence? Even though 1 in 6 adults experiences symptoms of incontinence, over 50% of them do not seek treatment. If you are experiencing incontinence, you should know you are not alone, and there are treatments available.
Dr. Wyman is a board certified and fellowship trained urogynecologist who specializes in treating women experiencing urinary incontinence and pelvic floor disorders. If you live near Bradenton, Sarasota, Venice, Lakewood Ranch, or Arcadia, call our urogynecology office in Sarasota and Tampa, FL, or request an appointment online.
To schedule your overactive bladder treatment, please call (941) 241-0161 or request an appointment through our secure online form.
Bladder control problems affect tens of millions of people every day. If you’re one of them, you should speak up.
Does this sound familiar?
- Urinating more than 8 times a day
- Avoiding social events
- Using pads to control leaks
- OAB is extremely common.
- 1 in 6 adults has OAB, or 43 million adults in the U.S.1,2
- 4.5 out of 10 adults don’t seek help for overactive bladder3
Ignoring OAB Poses Risks
People with undiagnosed OAB reported:3
- 54% loss of confidence
- 49% loss of self-esteem
- 45% loss of intimacy
You Are Not Alone – Find Relief for Bladder Control Problems
Overactive bladder (OAB) is a treatable condition. It’s not a normal part of aging. And you shouldn’t have to deal with it on your own.
1. Stewart WF, Van Rooyen JB, Cundiff GW, et al. World J Urol. 2003;20(6):327-336.
2. US Census Bureau 2020. US adult and under-age-18 populations: 2020 census. https://www.census.gov/library/visualizations/interactive/adult-and-under-the-age-of-18-populations-2020-census.html. Accessed June 20, 2022.
3. Leede Research, “Views on OAB: A Study for the National Association of Continence.” December 16, 2015.
Information on this site should not be used as a substitute for talking with your doctor. Always talk with your doctor about diagnosis and treatment information.
Schedule a Consultation with an Overactive Bladder Specialist Near Bradenton
Don't let symptoms of overactive bladder control your life, contact Dr. Allison Wyman to discuss the cause of your condition and the treatment options available. To schedule a consultation at our urogynecology clinic in Sarasota and Tampa, please call (941) 241-0161 or request an appointment through our secure online form. We are conveniently located to patients throughout Bradenton, Venice, Lakewood Ranch, and Arcadia.